Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 3 (5 vote(s))
Node 2 passage en alimentation linéaire
fredo:

I didn't have British modules in my hand. I just know that their price is not fair compared to what is included on their module. And if could to compare them, then from the pictures and information that I have, I can say that there are the following differences:

British module elements:
- 3 pcs of Rubycon ZLH 1000uF / 35V capacitors (I don't know why they use such high voltages if there is only 5V)
- ceramic decoupling capacitors - it's difficult to determine the brand
- few resistors, diodes, transistor to control the relay by Node and relay itself
- ready JST connector also used for RC models and LiPo batteries (I hope that the wires are at least 24AWG there, because on the market you can usually find 26 or 28AWG and this may be a bit low for a full Node current load).

If they had a "fair" gain margin I would probably buy it, but I thought that I would make my module, and this is how my module is made of:
- 2 pcs of Panasonic FR LowESR 3300uF / 16V capacitors
- 2 pcs of Panasonic FR LowESR 470uF / 16V capacitors
- 3.3uH induction choke coil
- ceramic decoupling capacitors - Kemet X7R dielectric
- complex protection against short circuit and overload, reverse polarity and an additional fast fuse (transistor, mosfet, several resistors, zener diodes and TVS)
- few resistors, diodes, transistor to control the relay by Node and relay itself
- JST connector - i also make it myself, using 22AWG wires

Capacitors, choke and resistors creates two separate voltage filters for the two power lines that the module passes to Node. One line only supports the top button panel and backlight (capacity of 470uF) , and the second line to Node motherboard (capacity of 7070 uF).
What was very important to me, in British offer you can read that a 5.2V power supply is recommended. I wanted to avoid this, to not narrow down the choice of power supplies. All components used on the module have been selected to obtain the lowest possible voltage drop. Despite the fact that there are several elements in the circuit (mosfet, transistor, coil, caps, relay), they have all been selected with care to have the lowest possible series resistance and thanks to this the voltage drop under full load of Node is maximum 0.05V.
Thats all, nothing to say more Smile

As for Vault - this device is not popular at all in Poland. I can't get it to do a reverse engineering, measure it and prototype a module for it. If I had the opportunity to get it, I would probably create a module for for Vault for half price, because I know the idea of controlling power supply for Bluesound devices and I do not think that it differs from the one in Node except that there is more power lines. 

element: since you have the Vault module - can you read the markings on the wires ? What AWG did they use? Smile
My website: http://pd-cf.com/
Répondre

Messages dans ce sujet
RE: Node 2 passage en alimentation linéaire - par k4mil3k - 05-05-2020, 10:33 PM

Sujets apparemment similaires...
Sujet Auteur Réponses Affichages Dernier message
  Bluesound node x / eversolo DMPA8 Edmerceur 1 243 04-20-2024, 12:34 PM
Dernier message: N C
  Entretien/nettoyage du Bluesound Node 2 PeterMan 11 2,385 04-16-2024, 09:25 AM
Dernier message: Vincent De Paris
  Bluesound Node " 3 " version 2021 François H. 252 8,415 02-17-2024, 01:43 PM
Dernier message: Steph44200
  Alimentation des Box Internet Plugnprod 20 4,161 01-28-2024, 05:57 PM
Dernier message: manu67
  Bluesound Node X Zephyr58 15 2,599 01-20-2024, 06:20 PM
Dernier message: lotofoot46

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)