Note de ce sujet :
  • Moyenne : 3 (5 vote(s))
Node 2 passage en alimentation linéaire
(11-15-2020, 11:13 AM)Naimophile35 a écrit : @4Kmil3K

Hello.
You've developed à linear PSU for the BS Node, but do  you know if in the future you'll do the same job for the Vault 2/2i... ?
There's little manufacturers that offers that opportunity upgrade for BS Vault owners... Only Fidelity Audio I think.

I could be interested by the (your) upgrade one day if it would be avaible ...

Let me know.

Thanks.
Hi.

Now I'm at the stage of replacing all of my lab equipment with a more professional one, and in fact I just got everything on last Friday. I am doing this just for developing my own power supply, in fact the first psu model is now finished and will be put into production next week. Today I will revise my website with the latest measurements - they are great.

As for the module for Vault, as soon as I have my own power supply, I can also create a module for Vault. Initially I can say that whole kit "module+psu" could be half or more cheaper than Fidelity.

But there is one problem, Vault is not popular in Poland and I have nowhere to get it from. Maybe some of you would like to borrow your Vault for 1-2 weeks? Of course I can pay a deposit, and offer a special price for the set. In fact, even the factory power supply would be enough if someone had already made this modification ?

(11-15-2020, 11:13 AM)Naimophile35 a écrit : @4Kmil3K

I could be interested by the (your) upgrade one day if it would be avaible ...

Let me know.

Thanks.

Here you have some graphs from my new equipment comparing my low noise power supply to the factory one in Node, the differences are amazing. The same power supply could be used in the Vault kit.

Vpp and Vrms voltages
[Image: scope_rms.jpg]

Noise density in 0-20kHz (audible) bandwitch - the factory smpsu is many, many times beyond the scale. Look below graph to results and units, after converting units its a 1600uV at peak compared to 6uV at peak.
[Image: scope_spectrum.jpg]
My website: http://pd-cf.com/
Répondre
Je lirai avec attention le résultat de vos expériences.

J'ai en effet un Node 2i (dont je suis plus que satisfait), et dans un carton l'alimentation SBooster qui va avec.

Et pourtant j'hésite. Sur les DACs de mes casques (RME & Mytek), le son est en effet un peu différent avec un alimentation linéaire SBooster : plus fluide notamment, mais j'ai l'impression aussi de perdre un peu en spontanéité, en dynamique. Une alimentation à découpage bien conçue, cela me semble bien se comporter aussi.

Donc, en attendant de me faire une religion définitive, j'ai cantonné mes 2 SBooster 12V, achetées initialement pour les DACs, au NUC et au routeur.

Répondre
Je reçois ce jour la belle interface de notre ami polonais k4mil3k - 6 jours entre la commande et la réception ....Ya plus qu'à ...

Peut-etre vais je craquer pour sa nouvelle alimentation disponible en janvier 2021 pour alimenter mon switch gs305 (voire un Bonn N8) en lieu et place du module IFI, bien placé au niveau prix

[Image: interface.jpg]
 Lindemann MusicBook Source II - Plénitude évidence -  Heed Thesis Gamma  - Mogami - T&T Nel 
Heedoniste
En vente :  rien
Répondre
@4Kmil3K 

Hi.

Thanks for your answer...

Indeed, if the BS Vault 2 is not very popular in Poland, it may be complicated to develop a power board without a template.

Your results for the Node are encouraging and will certainly be even better with your new power supply.
If you have to, and you don't have a Vault, or nobody can provide you one, I'm ready to send you mine so that it will be a development base for the new circuit to be created. . We will see the modalities in PM ...

In addition, I won't have to modify it myself !  Big Grin

Shall we talk about it again when you're ready to get started on this project?

I think the PS card will be different because compared to that of the Node there is an internal HDD, which certainly has a higher amperage or different voltage. In fact, I don't know! You are better placed to answer this question ...

In short, I am ready for this adventure !

Luc.
Full Naim :
CD5 - Snaps / Nac 72 + Phono 323 S - Hicap2 / Nap 250 / Allae
Bluesound Vault 2 / Qnap HS 251+ / Ndac - XPS / Vertere D-Fi Coax
Dual Cisco Catalyst WS C2960
LP 12 / Ekos 2 / Klyde / Lingo 1 / Trampolin 2 / Cirkus

Cables :
Naca5 / Naim InterConnect / Barette Naim / Nordost Purple Flare / Logilink Flat CCA / Monoprice Slimrun
Répondre
(11-16-2020, 08:02 PM)Naimophile35 a écrit : Your results for the Node are encouraging and will certainly be even better with your new power supply.
If you have to, and you don't have a Vault, or nobody can provide you one, I'm ready to send you mine so that it will be a development base for the new circuit to be created. . We will see the modalities in PM ...

I think the PS card will be different because compared to that of the Node there is an internal HDD, which certainly has a higher amperage or different voltage. In fact, I don't know! You are better placed to answer this question ...

Luc.

Well thats a good news. Big Grin
Due to hdd drive in Vault it needs dual power supply 5 and 12V. Plug is same as in Node, 5V rail is same as in Node, so only need to extend current project to second 12V rail. Of course PSU also need to be dual power supply. 
We can start this project as soon as my standard psu will be ready in stock, first i will develop dual PSU and then i can develop board for Vault.
Répondre
(11-16-2020, 08:53 PM)k4mil3k a écrit :
(11-16-2020, 08:02 PM)Naimophile35 a écrit : Your results for the Node are encouraging and will certainly be even better with your new power supply.

Luc.

Well thats a good news. Big Grin
Due to hdd drive in Vault it needs dual power supply 5 and 12V. Plug is same as in Node, 5V rail is same as in Node, so only need to extend current project to second 12V rail. Of course PSU also need to be dual power supply. 
We can start this project as soon as my standard psu will be ready in stock, first i will develop dual PSU and then i can develop board for Vault.
Cool! I just have to wait... Rolleyes
Full Naim :

Cables :
Naca5 / Naim InterConnect / Barette Naim / Nordost Purple Flare / Logilink Flat CCA / Monoprice Slimrun
Répondre
Is there anyone here, who has already upgraded his Vault and has out the original factory power supply? I mean, could he take pictures of factory psu and give his dimensions (width, length, height)?
Répondre
It seems that there are few BS Vault owners here! Undecided
Full Naim :

Cables :
Répondre
(11-16-2020, 05:49 PM)condor64 a écrit : Je reçois ce jour la belle interface de notre ami polonais k4mil3k - 6 jours entre la commande et la réception ....Ya plus qu'à ...

Peut-etre vais je craquer pour sa nouvelle alimentation disponible en janvier 2021 pour alimenter mon switch gs305 (voire un Bonn N8) en lieu et place du module IFI, bien placé au niveau prix

[Image: interface.jpg]

Elle coûte combien cette carte?

Je serais intéressé de connaître le résultat.
Rega P3 / Atoll PH100 - BlueSound node2 

LFD LE MK6 / Harbeth P3ESR

Répondre
~ 94€ port compris, voire moins si commandé directement au fabricant
 Lindemann MusicBook Source II - Plénitude évidence -  Heed Thesis Gamma  - Mogami - T&T Nel 
Heedoniste
En vente :  rien
Répondre

Sujets apparemment similaires...
Sujet Auteur Réponses Affichages Dernier message
  Alimentation Lindemann Limetree bridge paradigm31 1 98 Hier, 12:31 PM
Dernier message: condor64
  Box FAI et alimentation Janacek 60 7,571 06-13-2024, 10:59 PM
Dernier message: BenWatts
  Alimentation linéaire LHY kole 4 430 06-13-2024, 09:22 PM
Dernier message: poprock
  Alimentation Freebox Pop Abolive 60 20,180 06-08-2024, 08:16 PM
Dernier message: Audiodémat
  Blue sound Node comme DAC ?? gegekko 8 522 06-01-2024, 02:28 PM
Dernier message: gegekko

Atteindre :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 2 visiteur(s)